Hi, SMPers! I’m Melissa, the Membership Coordinator for our lovely Little Black Book and the newest addition to the fabulous SMP team. Seriously, everyone is awesome, I couldn’t be luckier to work with them all. To all of our crazy talented LBBers out there who are reading this, I’m your gal. I specialize in those fun spotlight features you see popping up on the LBB blog and getting to know you is what I do. So, it’s only fair that I share a few fun tidbits about me! xo
1. Call me Scuba Steve. I am a certified scuba diver, like legit. I didn’t do a fun 2 day course in the warm Caribbean waters. Oh, no, I did it Gloucester style, in freezing cold New England waters, in the fall. But hey it paid off, now I get to dive for lobsters and we steam them up right on our boat.
2. I sit on the accident prone throne. I’ve never broken any bones, besides my big toe (knock on wood) but I am known to spill a drink, I always seem to be wearing white on spaghetti night and I’m the worst nightmare of pretty glass Christmas ornament. Gotta own it—it is what it is.
3. I grew up listening to rock, so naturally, Aerosmith was my first concert and ever since I can remember, my favorite band. I met guitarist Joe Perry when I was 16 in my grocery cashier line and still remember that he got vanilla Häagen-Dazs and bok choy.
4. Don’t worry, be happy. I will never get sick of reggae music. As much as I love rock, you can find me jammin’ out to reggae on Pandora most of the time, whether I’m working, cleaning the house or enjoying a cocktail on the porch or our boat in the summer.
5. I make a mean crepe. I have like 98% French Canadian blood running through these veins, so you can be sure that I learned from the best. Bon appetit!
6. The other 2%? I do crave mexican food at least once a week, I put jalapeños on everything and my cocktail of choice is a margarita. It will forever be a mystery.
7. I would eat ice cream every day if I could. In a cone, cups are no fun. In fact I have four favorite flavors and I sometimes request one of each scoop on the cone: black raspberry, chocolate, coconut and pistachio. Best thing ever.
8. My worst fear? A tsunami. Ok, I’m sure a tsunami is scary to everyone, but I have nightmares of big waves coming at me on a regular basis. Movies like Deep Impact or more recently, The Impossible, scare the daylights out of me. Ironically, I can’t imagine living anywhere but on the coast.
9. I can recite the alphabet backwards in 5 seconds. Don’t ask me why, it serves no purpose, but I can.
10. Despite #8, my happiest days start with a sunny walk at the beach with our two year old pup. There’s nothing like sand between your toes, the crashing of waves and a happy pup.