Hey Backstagers. It’s Mallory, your tried and true LBB Blog editor. When I’m not gleefully poring over some pretty seriously pretty weddings, I’m a mom to a little boy named Harry and a wife to an Air Force pilot. And thrifter, runner, crafter, official photographer of the aforementioned Harry. You know me best as the lover of all things little, black, and book, but I’m about to let you in on a few extra (ten, to be exact) little tidbits behind this blogger.
Image courtesy of Erica Hampton Photography.
1. I am obsessed with tea. Black, green, red, white. Chai, Breakfast, Earl, Peppermint. It’s not about the caffeine, but I can’t go a day without my beloved tea. In fact, I’ve been known to order a big package of the stuff straight from England, because, well let’s just face the facts, I’m a tea snob.
2. I’m a big, old documentary lover. If you would have told me ten years ago that grown up Me thought a good documentary and a comfy couch were my idea of a great Friday night, I would have laughed in your face. But that it is, my idea of a good time. I can’t help but get sucked into a good documentary, every single time. Some favorites? Babies, Hungry for Change, First Position.
3. I met my husband in a high school drama class. I had such a crush on that senior boy (I was a sophomore). It was a good day when we were cast as the married couple in one of our daily exercises. Later, like four years and two graduates later, we reconnected and I learned he had a crush on me too. And the rest, as they say, was history.
4. In high school, my mom sat me down and gave me a lecture about money, bills, and jobs. You see, I didn’t work at the local ice cream shop. Or the mall. Or McDonalds. What she didn’t realize, however, was that I was making more than all my friends cleaning houses in our neighborhood. What can I say? Girl likes things clean.
5. Okay, okay. Let me preface this by saying I was always a Joey Fatone kind of girl. I never had a crush on JT. And I still don’t. But it has been my New Year’s resolution for the last 5 years to become best friends with Justin Timberlake. Just friends. I’m happily married, and so he is (to my girl crush, no less). I have a whole, well thought out plan to accomplish this goal… and let’s just say it involved Ellen Degeneres. It will happen one day.
6. Winter’s my favorite. My absolute favorite. I could live in a cold, gray, snowy wonderland 360 days of the year. Yet, somehow, my husband tricked me into moving to the Mississippi Gulf Coast with him…
7. Anne of Green Gables was always, always my favorite book growing up. I’m much more of a Diana, but Anne was just so romantic. I still imagine learning to communicate with flags, and worry about someone sticking my hair in ink. And, funnily enough, after rereading the book again a few years ago, I realized I always imagined Green Gables to look exactly like my dad’s farm.
8. Sometimes my husband goes out of town for work. (Duh, he’s a pilot.) But the day he leaves, my son’s head always smells like the hubby’s shaving cream from the extra goodbye snuggles. I smell the little man’s head more than normal (and that’s saying something) on those days. It’s my new favorite smell. Baby + Shaving Cream.
9. I once had a vacation where I slammed my finger in a door, lost my fingernail, had an epic fall rollerblading and road burned off half my skin, forgot my bathing suit (yes, we were at the beach), and lost an earring in a volleyball net mere days after getting them pierced. I think Petosky, MI and I need to try it again. Maybe we can do better next time.
10. I have pretty good self control. I waited 16 weeks before giving into my butter pecan ice cream craving, while I was pregnant. I’ve been craving a chocolate chip cookie for months now, but I’m waiting for a special occasion. But if you put one of those cravings in my house, all control goes out the window and I find myself wiping caramel off my fingers as I explain to whomever will listen “Well, I am going to eat the whole box of Samoas anyway… so I might as well eat them all NOW.”